Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 14, 2014

Fear of Failure



Either click Here or scan the QR code and read the following article, "How to Help Kids Overcome the Fear of Failure" by Vicki Zakrzewski. 

Michael Jordan once said, "I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."  

Personally, I learn more from things I fail than from things I succeed doing.  When I fail, I strive to master the concept until I know what I did wrong.  If I succeed, many times it was just luck that was part of my success and I don't continue to strive for mastery.  

Your post should include answers to the following.  Your answers should be thoughtful and truthful.  

1.  How do you view failure as a student?  
2.  How do you view failure as a teacher?  
3.  Do you think grades are a true indicator of your knowledge?
4.  Do you think being unsuccessful can give you perspective and also encourage you to try harder?
5.  How do you handle criticism?  

Follow the rubric for best results.  Due on Friday, April 18.  

No comments:

Post a Comment